2018 Micro-Tour 5: August 25/26 2018, Camp Glen Gray, NJ (Book at Bottom of Page)
Micro-Tour 5 will be a 37 Mile ride from New York City to Camp Glen Gray,
Camp Glen Gray is an overnight campground nestled in the Ramapo Mountains near Mahwah, New Jersey. Open year round, the camp offers a wide selection of cabins, leantos and tent sites. Its large capacity cabins and campsites are particularly attractive for scouts and other youth groups. While camping in the Glen, you can hike trails with scenic overlooks, fish in Lake Vreeland, or simply enjoy nature. All this less than an hour’s drive from New York City, West Point and many other New York area attractions.
This trip is "Self Supported" (we are camping!), as riders will be responsible for their food and shelter. You will be among helpful friends, so don't fret! 718 Cyclery provides expert free advice on packing solutions you might be looking into. Also, we rent bags and gear through our own Bike Gear 2 Go.
The Kona Ride
For those that have a love affair with steel, the Rove ST will slide rightfully near the top of your “next to buy” list. New this year, the Rove ST runs on 650b wheels that are tubeless ready right out of the box. A SRAM Rival 1 drivetrain and flat mount disc fork round out what we consider to be a killer value.
- Frame Material: Kona Butted Cromoly
- Fork: Kona Project Two Cromoly Disc
- Wheels: WTB Asym i23 TCS 650b
- Crankset: SRAM S350
- Drivetrain: SRAM Rival 1 11spd
- Brakes: TRP Spyre C 160mm front / 160mm rear rotor
- Seat Post: Kona Thumb w/Offset
- Cockpit: Kona Road Bar/Kona Road Stem
- Front Tire: WTB Horizon Road Plus TCS 650x47c
- Rear tire: WTB Horizon Road Plus TCS 650x47c
- Saddle: WTB Volt Comp
- Have a look at our Pinterest Boards where we have cataloged many gear types and ideas from past trips.
- Looking to Rent Bikes or Gear, check out our own Bike Gear 2 Go.
- Previous Trip Ride Report to Camp Glen Gray (2016)
- Campsite Map (we are at McMullen Field)
- To see examples of past trips, check out our Travel Log
- The 718 Micro-Tour Primer
We will be hosting an Orientation Class for this trip. Sign up here
GPS and Cue Sheets
We use the nomenclature of "OUT" being the Saturday ride to camp, and "RET" as being the Sunday return ride to the city. Please ensure all files worfk properly on your device before the day of the ride
August 25th "OUT"
August 26th "RET"
We charge a $25 nominal fee to cover our sizable insurance, staffing, planning costs and campsite fees. Use calendar to select month of trip. Please note that gear can be rented during booking process. Please note 718 Trips and Tours Cancellation Policy here. Please select "Micro-Tour" and the date of the particular Micro-Tour to book below.