Recently, I attended the Kona Ride event, and learned about the new spec for the Rove ST. The Rove lineup received a total overhaul for the 2018 model year, and we did well with them at 718 Cyclery. There were/are 6 bike sin the Rove lineup, and we sold all of the except the ST model last year...reason being we felt it landed where alot of other bikes we have are.
At 718, our customer is usually someone who loves in an apartment, and doesn't have the garage/storage space for the 5 bikes he/she thinks they need. We specialize on what we call "capable" bikes; bikes that can be used for camping, commuting and fitness.
We are excited about the new 2019 Rove ST, as it really fits the above bill...especially at $1599 It runs a Rival 1x11 drivetrain on 650b rims, laced to thru-axle hubs. More and more, we are seeing the "normalization" of the new/old 650b wheel size, and we couldn't be happier. This size provides so many advantages to the multi-surface rider (and one could argue the NYC streets are of the multi-surface variety.
My fiorst imopressions as that this is a very capable bike, lightweight and at a great price for a Rival-equipped bike.
I am looking forward to putting tghis bike through its paces day-to-day, and getting ready to use it on Micro-Tour 5. In addition, Kona has lent us a fleet of 3 of these v=bikes for riders to use on this trip!
From Kona Website
For those that have a love affair with steel, the Rove ST will slide rightfully near the top of your “next to buy” list. New this year, the Rove ST runs on 650b wheels that are tubeless ready right out of the box. A SRAM Rival 1 drivetrain and flat mount disc fork round out what we consider to be a killer value.
- Frame Material: Kona Butted Cromoly
- Fork: Kona Project Two Cromoly Disc
- Wheels: WTB Asym i23 TCS 650b
- Crankset: SRAM S350
- Drivetrain: SRAM Rival 1 11spd
- Brakes: TRP Spyre C 160mm front / 160mm rear rotor
- Seat PostKona Thumb w/Offset
- Cockpit: Kona Road Bar/Kona Road Stem
- Front Tire: WTB Horizon Road Plus TCS 650x47c
- Rear tire: WTB Horizon Road Plus TCS 650x47c
- Saddle: WTB Volt Comp
- FRAME MATERIAL: Kona Butted Cromoly
- SIZES: 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58
- FORK: Kona Project Two Cromoly Disc
- CRANKARMS: SRAM S350
- CHAINRINGS: 40t X-Sync
- B/B: SRAM GXP 68mm
- CHAIN: SRAM PC1110
- FREEWHEEL: SRAM PG1130 11-42t 11spd
- R/D: SRAM Rival 1
- SHIFTERS: SRAM Rival 1
- BRAKE CALIPERS: TRP Spyre C Flat Mount
- FRONT BRAKE ROTOR: TRP 160mm
- REAR BRAKE ROTOR: TRP 160mm
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM Rival 1
- HEADSET:FSA TH848
- HANDLEBAR: Kona Road
- STEM: Kona Road
- SEATPOST: Kona Thumb w/Offset 27.2mm
- SEAT CLAMP: Kona Clamp
- GRIPS: Kona Cork Tape
- SADDLE: WTB Volt Comp
- FRONT HUB: Formula 100x12mm
- REAR HUB: Formula 142x12mm
- SPOKES: Stainless Black 14g
- RIMS: WTB Asym i23 TCS
- FRONT TIRE: WTB Horizon Road Plus TCS 650x47c
- REAR TIRE: WTB Horizon Road Plus TCS 650x47c
- PAINT COLOR: Gloss Racing Green w/ Copper Decals