718 is happy to announce our 2017 Shop Ride Schedule. These are mountain-bike and fat-bike rides, and our goal is to show experienced riders a great time, while welcoming newcomers into the sport.
Unlike other shop rides, these rides are less about aggression, gear and power output, and more about spending time with old and new friends in the woods.
718 maintains a demo fleet to allow for those new to the sport to try it out. We offer mountain-bikes and fat-bikes from Salsa, Surly, Kona, Yeti, Niner, Santa Cruz, Ibus and Focus.
718 provides directions and a group leader to make you way to these great local mountain-biking sites in Westchester County, Northern NJ and Long Island.
We highly recommend using a true mountain bike for these rides. It has been our experience that even cyclocross bikes have a hard time. Also, we want to stress that every place we go has appropriate terrain for newcomers, so please do not feel intimidated.
- "is it Possible to Mountain Bike in NYC" (Outside Magazine featuring 718)
- For more information, see our Mountain Biking Primer
- Check out the NYC Mountain Bikes Facebook Page
Next Shop Ride
4/28/17 Graham Hills, NY. More info to follow. Sign up below
2017 Shop Ride Schedule
- 3/25/17 Stillwell Woods, Long Island 10:30am Start
- 4/28/17 Graham Hills, NY
- 5/27/17 Blue Mountain, NY
- 6/10/17 Cunningham Park, NYC
- 7/29/17 Ringwood, NJ
- 8/12/17 Rocky Point, Long Island
- 9/2/17 Meadowlark, Long Island
- 10/21/17 Six Mile Run, NJ
- 11/9/17 Glacier Ridge, Long Island
2017 Shop Ride Sign-Up
Local Trail Guides
Within a one hour drive or train ride of NYC, there are over 30 parks and recreational areas designated for trail riding. Almost are are free. 718 Cyclery's Saturday Shop Ride explores and documents many of these location. (trail descriptions in-progress)
- Cunningham Park, Queens NY
- Highbridge Park
- Stillwell Woods
- Glacier Ridge
- Rocky Point
- 6-Mile Run
- Lewis Morris
- Kittatinny State Park
- Allamuchy State Park
- Mianus River Park